Who May Enroll
If you are a regular full-time employee working at least 30 hours per week, you and your eligible dependents may participate in the REI benefits program. Your eligible dependents include:
- Legally married spouse.
- A natural child, step-child, adopted child, legal guardianship or qualified medical child support order of the employee, spouse or domestic partner up to age 26.
- A child over the age of 26 that has a severe physical or mental condition that makes them indefinitely dependent on you for primary support. You will have to provide documentation of tax records, birth certificate, or documentation of your child’s disability.
When You Can Enroll
As an eligible employee, you may enroll at the following times:
- As a new hire, you may participate in the company’s benefits program on the first day of the month following your full-time date of hire, rehire or status change.
- Each year during open enrollment.
- Within 30 days of a qualifying event as defined by the IRS (see “Changes To Enrollment” section for additional details).
Changes to Enrollment
Our benefit plans are effective January 1st through December 31st of each year. There is an annual open enrollment period each year, during which you can make new benefit elections for the following January 1st effective date. Once you make your benefit elections, you cannot change them during the year unless you experience a qualifying event as defined by the IRS. Examples include, but are not limited to the following:
- Marriage, divorce, legal separation or annulment
- Birth or adoption of a child
- A qualified medical child support order
- Death of a spouse or child
- A change in your dependent’s eligibility status
Coverage for a new dependent is not automatic. If you experience a qualifying event, you have 30 days to update your coverage. If you do not update your coverage within 30 days from the qualifying event, you must wait until the next annual open enrollment period to update your coverage.
Benefits Enrollment Form
Please complete and submit the document below to ensure you elected benefits are properly captured and activated.
Ricoh Electronics requires all employees covering their dependents on medical, dental, or vision plans provide proof that their dependent(s) are eligible for coverage. Please consult the document below to determine the required documentation for coverage.