The accrual of vacation time begins on the first day of employment and will be prorated in the first year of employment.
Vacation Accrual Rates
- 1 up to 4 Years of Service: 80 Hours
- 4 up to 9 Years of Service: 128 Hours
- 9 or More Years of Service: 176 Hours
Employees can carry over accrued hours up to 2x the annual accrual amount.
Employees can cash out up to 100% of annual accrual amount.
All current employees are granted 56 hours of sick time at the beginning of each year. New employees are granted sick leave based on their date of hire. Sick leave can be used for the employee’s own illness, or that of certain family members. The maximum accrual for sick leave is 112 hours.
New Hire Sick Time
- If Hire Date is from January 1st to April 30th: 56 Hours
- If Hire Date is from May 1st to August 31st: 40 Hours
- If Hire Date is from September 1st to December 31st: 24 Hours
REI provides seven paid holidays, along with 4-6 additional days to bridge from Christmas to New Years Day each year. All full-time employees are eligible for these holidays from their first day of employment.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- Work Days between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
Other Time Off
- $150 in lieu of flowers for regular, full-time employees (subject to all applicable federal and state taxes)
- Up to 3 days for an immediate family member (spouse, registered domestic partner, children, parents, brother/sister, step-parents, step-children, grandparents, grandchildren, the parent of a spouse)
Jury or Witness Duty
- Paid up to 80 hours per year
Time Off to Vote
- Up to 2 hours of time off